Thursday, September 1, 2011

Now retire, my dear...


You Don't Have to Act Crazy Anymore 

You don't have to act crazy anymore-
We all know you were good at that.

Now retire, my dear,
From all that hard work you do

Of bringing pain to your sweet eyes and heart.

Look in a clear mountain mirror -
See the Beautiful Ancient Warrior
And the Divine elements
You always carry inside

That infused this Universe with sacred Life
So long ago

And join you Eternally
With all Existence - with God!

 ~ Hafiz ~

Today is the first day of "retirement" for me. Over the last year or so I've pondered this idea of "retirement" and believe me it has not been an easy decision. I kept waiting for some clarity & it just didn't come. Each time I took a tiny step toward it, something would happen to draw me back into my "career." Finally, I was against the wall with no where to go & I closed my eyes & said, "It's time."

I didn't know why & I certainly don't know what I'll "do," but it's time. Once the decision was made, everything began to fall into place. Now here I sit wondering what will happen next ~ comfortable with uncertainty ~ content with just being ~ open to whatever unfolds.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your retirement and many blessings to support you along your new path. Your light is still bright and will continue to attract those who need to learn from you. You are a very special light touching the lives of many...you just don't realize it!

    ReplyDelete