Friday, July 1, 2011

The Moon




At night, I open the window
and ask the moon
to come and press its face 
against mine.

Breathe into me.

Close the language door and open the love window.
The moon won't use the door, only the window.

~ Rumi ~

It's the new moon; a time when the moon is not visible in the sky. Yet it is a very precious time to connect with the moon's energy. It is a beginning and as such offers the chance to plant seeds for fruition at a later time. Intriguingly, it is said that this new moon in Cancer offers energy to release attachment to outcomes. Moving deep into the heart space with loving kindness and trust, courage to be who we truly are is found. Recognizing our true nature comes from closing the language-door and opening the love-window.

1 comment:

  1. I am a "Moon Child" (Cancer sign)and I have always been drawn to the moon. I love the quote by Rumi and the accompanying picture is
    great! Your personal words always speak to me.

    ReplyDelete