Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Be with YourSelf


First of all, establish a constant contact with your self,
be with yourself all the time.
Into self-awareness all blessings flow.
Begin as a centre of observation, deliberate cognizance,
and grow into a centre of love in action.

'I am' is a tiny seed which will grow into a mighty tree ~
quite naturally, without a trace of effort.
~ Nisargadatta Maharaj ~

When I began to practice Yoga over 40 years ago, I was hoping to feel better, to find joy, to be flexible, to have more energy, and maybe even find enlightenment or self-realization. I didn't understand what this "I am" was and certainly didn't think it would be as easy as just observing, being cognizant of each moment.

Yet over the years my practice evolved from trying to being, from striving to letting go, from strict disciple to knowing when and how to practice. If enlightenment is not a thing to attain and realizing this is found in each moment, then I think I am beginning to understand. Being with mySelf all the time, awareness brings grace and blessings whether the experience is joy or sadness, struggle or ease, stillness or activity.

I am grateful for each moment...

1 comment: