Sunday, June 24, 2012

Roots

What is the root of pain? Ignorance of yourself. 
What is the root of desire? The urge to find yourself. 
All creation toils for its self and will not rest until it returns to it. 

Nisargadatta Maharaj



The Banyan trees in Florida are amazing examples of roots expanding and seeking to take hold in the space all around. As if the desire to find itself is all consuming. For most of my life, there has been a similar urge to understand why I am here, who I am, and all of that. It has taken me to many dark places as I root into the unconcscious in an attempt to bring light to my endless desire to know.


Lately, what comes is a feeling that knowing is always right here and the toil isn't necessary. The flow of life moves us along like a river. Sometimes it fast, exciting and perhaps a bit overwhelming; other times is meanders along or crawls at a snails pace. I've found it is in the letting go that all these opposites dissolve into the Presence that is each moment unfolding fresh and new.  

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the Bsnyan Tree, perhaps my favorite!
    Your post brings good food for thought this morning. Glad you are posting again!

    ReplyDelete